2016 has been a busy year to say the least! My year started out a crazy one, working a full time job, part time job and also doing photography. Fortunately by spring, one job came to a conclusion, and I was able to drop down to just the full time job and my photography business. I took advantage of my newly found “free time” to focus on photography and marketing strategies.
With that being said, 2016 has been a year of many changes for my photography business. I launched a new website, photowhimsybymegan.com, (thanks for visiting!) and expanded my presence on social media. I enjoy learning new things, so I have been developing the site myself and have made it a goal of 2017 to fine-tune and continue to develop my online presence.
Professional Highlights of 2016:
- Photo Whimsy by Megan has been verified by Google and Yelp as a business and is now searchable!
- Since July 2016, I have published 21 blog posts and 3 YouTube videos.
- My Facebook likes have grown to 406 (and counting).
- I can be found on Facebook, YouTube, Yelp, Google+ and Pinterest.
Personal Highlights of 2016:
- My husband (Shane) and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary in June!
- Shane, my dog (Santo) and I moved to a new house in the spring and have had the adventures of turning that house into our home!
- We managed to travel a bit this year as well, despite having opposite schedules and varying vacation times to work with. Most notably, we visited Nashville, Tennessee and Door County, Wisconsin for the first time!
- Three of my friends got married this year. I actually photographed two of the three.
- Three of my friends had babies. I photographed each of those cuties.
- One of my nieces and one of my nephews graduated from high school. Their senior sessions were photographed in 2015.
- The Chicago Cubs won the World Series! (What a way to conclude the highlights!)
Wishing you and yours a Happy and Healthy New Year! We’ll see you in 2017!